Law Directors Group
Law Directors Group training opportunities.
The Ohio Township Association’s Law Directors Group provides continuing legal education and networking opportunities for attorneys who are township law directors, township legal counsel, county prosecutors, or counsel and are routinely retained by township governments.
The Law Directors Group will meet 4 times in 2022. At each meeting, five hours of approved CLE hours are offered. The Law Directors group is also a great resource to ask questions and there are several requests for information that are sent using this list throughout the year.
There is no cost to be a member of the Law Directors Group, but there is a cost to attend the trainings. Membership in the OTA does provide for reduced training fees. The list of members is maintained by OTA staff. If you would like to be placed on the list, please email Michael Zaky at email@example.com.
- June 16
- Topic: New Township Laws
- Speaker: Pete Griggs, Attorney, Brosius, Johnson & Griggs
- Description: In the last several years, the General Assembly enacted a variety of new and updated laws that may need to be on your township’s radar. From regulating solar and wind farms to changes regarding DORA’s, in this session we will review and discuss these recent Ohio law changes, and more.
- August 18
- October 13
- April 14
- Topic: 2022 Labor and Employment Update
- Speaker: Marc Fishel, Attorney, Fishel Downey Albrecht & Riepenhoff LLP
- Description: This presentation will address new cases from state and federal courts and new statutes pertaining to labor and employment law affecting Townships. The presentation will include a review of legislation pending in the Ohio General Assembly. Emphasis will be on the practical implications of these decisions and statutory changes. Topics will include discrimination issues, the Fair Labor Standards Act, First Amendment issues, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Dates are subject to change. Please check this page closer to the event for the most updated information. For any questions, please contact Michael Zaky at firstname.lastname@example.org.