Community Affairs/PR Specialist & Admin. Asst. to the Board
Community Affairs/Public Relations Specialist & Administrative Assistant to the Board
Reports to: Township Administrator
(To view this posting in a PDF, click here.)
Manage and maintain the township’s website, social media, newsletters outreach, and external communications and recommend community outreach initiatives. Perform professional administrative support to the Township Administrator and the Board of Trustees.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manages electronic, social media and website; designs and manages township website; works with staff to develop and maintain website structure and content; administers content management system; writes and posts copy; edits pages; updates images; designs and uploads documents, forms and surveys; monitors search engine optimization; tracks site analytics; prepares and posts message on electronic marquee; monitors township social media pages; posts messages to township social media pages, stays abreast of social media best practices. Develop and execute strategic communications programs and initiatives that creatively reinforce the townships brand, mission, values and key goals
- Develop creative strategies for communicating to employees: plan the frequency of, types and vehicles for communications, and coordinate across different areas of the organization
- Create, design and develop content for a quarterly newsletter
- Manage communications and correspondence (phone, voicemail, email, mail), responding when needed; bringing action items forward to appropriate individual’s attention
- Accurately review, proofread and assist with any materials, including documents, reports, memos, presentations, forms and other items ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Oversee the development of dynamic, inspiring and error-free communications and effectively tailor messages by channel and audiences. Channels include internal web, email, video, digital signage and printing
- Take ownership for the success of the organization-wide administrative functions by effectively communicating with and providing back up support to all administrative staff & elected officials, as needed
- Manage calendars, including scheduling/arranging meetings, booking meeting rooms, and sending invitations and reminders when needed
- Ensure supporting materials (agendas, signage, A-V requirements) for meetings and events are prepared accurately and provided in a timely manner
- Proactively contribute to office activities to ensure an efficient and cohesive team environment
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field is preferred. In lieu of degree, 5+ years' of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
- +5 years' related work experience.
- Demonstrated content development and management expertise.• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, photo editing and professional printing/publishing skills
Working conditions and physical requirements
Physical: Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, and moving about a large building, setting up meeting rooms. Constantly operates computer and other office equipment. Must be able to perceive, detect and manipulate detail in images and text on computer screen. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office.Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
This job description is subject to change
Please send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by: Board of Trustees
Date approved: November 4, 2020