Position: Public Relations and Events Coordinator
The OTA Public Relations & Events Coordinator assists in implementing the OTA communications strategy in collaboration with the Director of Communications and executing OTA events in collaboration with the Director of Education & Events. In a supporting role for these two positions, this role consists primarily of working with OTA members and affiliates, producing publications, planning and attending events, and maintaining a presence for the OTA in social media and on its website. The OTA Public Relations & Events Coordinator will work with the Executive Director and other staff as appropriate in carrying out the following duties:
- Manage all OTA social media accounts, in coordination with the OTA Director of Communications.
- Create content based on matters of interest to townships officials, residents, and other interested parties.
- Utilize social media analytics tools to boost OTA event attendance, make the most of OTA website content, and more.
- Grassroots Clippings newsletter
- Create the monthly newsletter with the assistance of the Director of Communications.
- Serve as primary designer, content creator, and text editor for the newsletter.
- Solicit from other OTA staff or personally write content for the newsletter.
- Ohio Township News magazine
- Write guest articles and OTA content as agreed upon by the Executive Director and the Director of Communications.
- Manage all aspects of magazine advertising.
- Track and compile ongoing magazine advertisers, including contracts
- Build and maintain relationships with advertisers, including design firms used by advertisers
- Assist the Director of Communications in designing, editing, and formatting other OTA publications.
- Responsible for OTA website upkeep including an online advertising program, library of documents for townships, and other relevant materials.
- Maintain overall website content and design and edit/supervise all website content created by other OTA staff.
- Monitor and analyze website structure, making changes to static pages and menus as appropriate; sustain knowledge and understanding of basic website set-up, design, page linking, and file maintenance.
- Monitor SEO for new and existing website content/pages.
- Winter Conference
- Assist the Director of Communications in editing as needed for conference related materials
- Create and manage the OTA Conference App.
- Create, manage, and execute sponsorship agreements.
- Assist the Education and Events Director with the planning and execution of the Trade Show including:
- Correspondence with vendors
- Serve as onsite coordinator for trade show vendor
- Assist the Director of Education and Events with additional planning and event execution, as needed.
- In coordination with OTA staff, develop and execute OTA email marketing plans for various OTA events.
- Maintain email distribution lists for members and outside vendors.
- Attend and assist in preparing for board meetings, as needed.
- Promote the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Perform additional responsibilities and performs special projects as directed.
Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 1-3 years of previous event or public relations experience, preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in project management and ability to drive projects to completion; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Customer service oriented with a professional and positive attitude
- Prior experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Constant Contact, and database programs a plus
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with members and vendors
- Highly resourceful team player with demonstrate ability to think innovatively and achieve high- performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience working in a professional office environment
- Insurance includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Flex time
- Accrue up to 15 sick days a year; honor all government holidays
- Two weeks of vacation upon hiring
Send letter of interest and resume to:
OHIO TOWNSHIP ASSOCIATION
6500 Taylor Road, Suite A
Blacklick, OH 43004
Fax: 614-863-9751 Email: email@example.com