Position: Public Relations Coordinator
The OTA is seeking applicants for the position of Public Relations Coordinator. The OTA Public Relations Coordinator helps to implement the public relations agenda for the OTA; goals of this agenda include the promotion and preservation of township government in Ohio, raising awareness among the public about township government, assisting in the education of the OTA membership, and creating resources. This consists primarily of serving as the office’s main editor, serving as primary event marketer, producing, and creating OTA publications, working with the OTA Board of Directors, OTA members, and the media, attending events, and maintaining the OTA’s website and social media accounts. The OTA Public Relations Coordinator will work with the Executive Director and other staff as appropriate in carrying out media relations, social media, publications, website, events, and a variety of other miscellaneous duties.
Qualifications for this position:
- A minimum of two years experience and a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift items up to 30 pounds.
- Must possess a current valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Proficient negotiation skills.
- Precise attention to detail; excellent organizational skills.
- Prior experience with desktop publishing.
- Experience maintaining or contributing to website content.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite; Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop; Constant Contact; Google Analytics; and database programs.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate projects and events; professional and self-motivated.
- Experience in nonprofit or public sector is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, the Ohio Township Association offers exceptional benefits for employees, including health, vision, dental, retirement plan and paid time off.
For the complete job description, please click here.
Applicants should submit three writing samples, a letter of interest, and resume to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.