Liberty Township, Delaware County
Liberty Township is seeking a Township Administrator. This position functions as the administrative head of the Township under the direction and supervision of the Board of Trustees. The Administrator is responsible for overseeing, supervising, and directing the general operations of the Township. This includes the delivery of services to residents and the efficient operation of Township departments. The Administrator provides strong, confident leadership and vision in establishing and reaching Township goals and objectives. The Administrator, working with the Board of Trustees and with Department Heads and staff, will develop long and short-term strategic plans, and have the ability to implement them. This position manages the Township budget as approved by the Board of Trustees and must control expenditures within budgeting guidelines. The Administrator will represent the Board and the Township at inter-governmental committees, commissions and associations and must be able to deal firmly, tactfully and courteously with all other Township offices, departments, and the public. The Administrator will also represent the Township in union negotiations. The Administrator will oversee and approve items on the Township website as well as any official communications and social media releases.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate must have a high degree of self-direction and professionalism and have a strong executive presence. Required qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field, at minimum;
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible professional work in state, county or local government;
- A comprehensive and professional knowledge of public administration, government structure and process, employee relations, office practices and procedures and public relations;
- A strong knowledge of and skill in project management and progressive management principles is required to plan and implement department goals and objectives;
- The ability and skill to lead, coach, mentor, instruct and counsel staff as needed to ensure efficient operations of each department and to promote professional growth of staff;
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the expenditure of Township funds, compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and approved budgetary guidelines;
- Must maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License, remain insurable and have the ability to be bonded.
- Communication: verbal, written, presentation skills, persuasion, diplomacy, active listening, effective feedback, meeting effectiveness, public relations
- Relationship Management: credibility, community relations, business networking, teamwork, mutual respect
- Ethical Practice: integrity, rapport building, professionalism, trust building
- HR Expertise: risk management, strategic business management, workforce planning
- Leadership & Navigation: mission driven, change management, political savvy, consensus builder, results and goal oriented, succession planning, project management
- Business Acumen: strategic agility, effective administrations, knowledge of finance, knowledge of government and regulatory guidelines
- Consultation: coaching, project management - vision, design, implementation and evaluation, problem-solving, creativity and innovation, flexibility, time management
- Critical Evaluation: objectivity, critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making
- Effective communication, development and management of local and new business investment into the community.
Interested candidates submit an application and/or resume on our website: https://www.libertytwp.org/211/Employment-Opportunities or may email a resume, salary expectations and any additional attachments to Human Resources at email@example.com
Liberty Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.