Position: Director of Communications
The OTA is seeking applicants for the position of Director of Communications. The OTA Director of Communications helps to implement the public relations agenda for the OTA; goals of this agenda include the promotion and preservation of township government in Ohio, raising awareness among the public about township government, assisting in the education of the OTA membership, and creating resources. This consists primarily of serving as the office’s main editor, serving as primary event marketer, producing, and creating OTA publications, working with the OTA Board of Directors, OTA members, and the media, attending events, and maintaining the OTA’s website and social media accounts. The OTA Director of Communications will work with the Executive Director, Public Relations and Events Coordinator and other staff as appropriate in carrying out duties.
Qualifications for this position:
- Five to seven years’ experience and a bachelor’s degree is required
- Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Precise attention to detail; excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills; both verbal and written
- Prior experience with desktop publishing
- Experience maintaining or contributing to website content
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite; Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop; Constant Contact; Google Analytics; and database programs
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate projects and events; professional and self-motivated
- Experience in nonprofit or public sector is preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, the Ohio Township Association offers exceptional benefits for employees, including health, vision, dental, retirement plan and paid time off.
For the complete job description, please click here.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing/design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Friday, September 3, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.