OTA Leadership Academy 2.0
The second program of the OTA's Leadership Academy.
New in 2022, OTALA 2.0 is an advanced program for graduates of OTALA 1.0. Built to grow your leadership and decision-making skills, this interactive and collaborative program will challenge you to become an even better leader in your township.
- You must be an OTALA graduate and a member of the OTA to enroll in this program.
- You must pay the $100 fee when registering, or registration will not be considered complete.
- This program is on a first-come, first-served basis and has a limited class size.
- This program is primarily online, with few in-person sessions, so a reliable internet connection is essential.
- The deadline to register is Friday, September 15, 2023.
- For a mail-in registration form, please click here.
This interactive, hybrid program will take place over 12 months and encompasses a combination of online and in-person training.
- Three in-person residential sessions
- 9 webinars
- 11 monthly assignments
- A class project with presentations
- Personal evaluations
Class size will be limited on a first-come, first-served basis.
The three in-person sessions will be held at the OTA office (2) and the annual Winter Conference (1).
Participants shall have:
- Completed OTALA 1.0
- Submitted a registration form for this second level
- Please click here for online registration (this is encouraged)
- Please click here for a mail-in registration form
- Paid the registration fee
- The ability to complete all curriculum
- The ability to complete a presentation of applied learned skills
Below are the nine courses being offered.
- Leadership v. Management
- Fiscal & Budget Management
- Analyzing Data to Make Decisions
- Innovative Technology in Government
- Land Use: Defining Your Township
- Creative Problem Solving
- Utilize Strategic Planning
- Leading Change & Leading in a Crisis
For detailed course descriptions, please click here.
2023/2024 Class Hub
If you are enrolled in the 2023/2024 OTALA 2.0 class, click below to access the class hub.