New President, Officers and Directors Elected to OTA Board
Blacklick, Ohio — During the Ohio Township Association (OTA) 2020 Winter Conference & Trade Show (Feb. 5 – 8), a new Board President and Officers were elected, as well as nine Directors re-elected or newly elected. Of the Directors, eight were four-year seats and one was a two-year seat.
The 20-person OTA Board is headed by a slate of officers: president, first vice president, second vice president and secretary-treasurer. Each year, the OTA Winter Conference hosts more than 1,700 attendees from around the state, many of whom are able to vote in the officer elections – trustees and fiscal officers vote for Officers of the board, whereas representatives from each of the County Township Associations vote for Directors.
The new President and Officers are as follows:
• Tim Lynch, President – Liberty Township/Seneca Co.
• Ed Huff, Jr., First Vice President – Brown Township/Darke Co.
• Scott Fabian, Second Vice President – Steubenville Township/Jefferson Co.
• Ron Miller, Secretary-Treasurer – Holmes Township/Crawford Co.
The re-elected or newly elected Directors are as follows, with the newly elected personnel indicated with an asterisk. They join seven Directors who will be up for re-election at the 2022 Winter Conference & Trade Show.
• Carl Mangun – Augusta Township/Carroll Co.
• Robert Trowbridge – York Township/Fulton Co.
• Larry Johns – Moulton Township/Auglaize Co.
• Dale Dietrich – Benton Township/Monroe Co.
• Barbara Greuey – Malta Township/Morgan Co. *
• Tom Shay – Braceville Township/Trumbull Co.
• Gary Salmon – Oxford Township/Butler Co.
• Dan Frederick – Milan Township/Erie Co.
• Mark Van Buren – Harrison Township/Licking Co. * (two-year seat; will be up for re-election in 2022)
Officers and Directors of the Board assist in managing the OTA, participating in such tasks as budget adoption, authorization of expenditures, program creation, the planning of a legislative agenda and other items.