Location: Pierce Township, Clermont County
Pierce Township Planning and Zoning Assistant Opening
Job Description: Planning and Zoning Assistant
Classification: Part-time (15-29 hours per week)
Hourly rate: DOQ
Supervisor: Planning and Zoning Administrator
This position is in the Office of Planning and Zoning and reports directly to the Planning and Zoning Administrator. This is a part-time, non-exempt position without benefits.
The primary responsibilities of the Planning and Zoning Assistant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Enforce the Pierce Township Zoning Resolution
- Enforce the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) Nuisance Regulations
- Prepare zoning violation reports and inspections, including, photos, violation letters and compliance management
- Maintain log of outstanding and closed violations via the EnerGov System
- Mediate unresolved zoning issues. Provide testimony in legal proceedings
- Assist in the review and issuance of zoning permits including
- Reference zoning applications, design plans and related documents to determine in-field compliance with the Zoning Resolution.
- Inspect and maintain a record of industrial, commercial and residential properties to determine compliance with the Zoning Resolution
- Prepare Addressing for the Township
- Research Township, County and/or other public records to determine property ownership and/or other property characteristics
- Attend and/or participate in public meetings, hearings, workshops, planning sessions as needed
- Prepare monthly and annual Zoning Reports
- May serve as the Zoning Inspector in the absence of the Planning and Zoning Administrator, if designated by the Board of Trustees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May be required to attend evening meetings as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency required. Associates degree in public administration, construction management, planning, law enforcement or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years zoning administration, architecture, code enforcement, law enforcement or plans examination in a township or municipal government environment preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License required.
- ICC (International Code Council) Inspector Certification and/or American Society of Home Inspector certifications preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must possess excellent communication skills, report writing, public speaking, conflict management, problem solving, research and investigative skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction plan(s) and drawing(s).
- Must demonstrate proficiency in use of personal computer systems including MS Office software applications and programs.
- Ability to learn or familiarity with EnerGov software.
- Must possess general knowledge of Township form of government.
- Must be able to learn, interpret and apply zoning resolution and department procedures and policies.
- Must learn and abide by all federal, state and/or county laws or regulations that relate to the enforcement or administration of zoning codes.
- Must be capable of working independently and/or in groups.
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism and objectivity at all times.
- Ability to retain all required licenses and/or certifications
ALL CANDIDATES SUBJECT TO COMPREHENSIVE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TESTING.